New Entrants Group
What would you like to see in the srdp for new entrants? FEATURED
Brian Pack in his report at the highland show , has suggested the government should explore ways of making new entrants a priority in srdp schemes. What measures would help you personally, for instance intrest payment schemes or help with capital shemes eg, buildings etc. This is your chance for us to speak on your behalf at stakeholder meetings.

Posted By: Admin
Posted At: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 19:50:33 +0100

Replies
Posted by: Farmer8272Posted at: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:01:41 +0100
any change to the srdp scheme should focus on the fact that new entrants do not have free capital avialable due to the sfp schemes unfairness. therefore any benefit to be gained should concentrate on the level of support and the hoops that have to jump through to get their project passed.it would be a great advantage to have projects treated as 'stand alone' rather than tied to a whole host of other parts of the scheme. most new entrants have to work out so time to achieve multipal projects dosent exist.
Posted by: davidsteelPosted at: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:42:06 +0100
Young Farmers Interest Relief - They would be better to allow claims of interest payments from any source - i.e bank overdraft, Hp Interest, Livestock finance, Business Credit Card rather than have to set up seperate bank loan just for the purpose to reclaim interest.

Some forms of scheme that new entrants would get which did not rely on them having to shell out precious capital to get the support - e.g if i was to build a shed for 30k, its all well and good that i will get approx 20k from the srdp ....but i still have to pay for it up front and wait on getting the grant back and i also have to find the 10k balance. This type of support is forcing new entrants to spend money they dont have. I would rather see a general grant or loan of a set amount per acre for machinery, livestock or buildings given to us and we could spend it how we see fit - lots of little things or one big one.
Posted by: shearerPosted at: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:35:30 +0100
i would like to put up a shed and srdp would maybe allow this. would be worth pushing for higher percentage of funding than 40%.
we already have an environmetal scheme which is a real help but are still waiting on our capital payment 4 months latter. It is worth pointing out that new ents dont have the capital to wait for months on payments to come through